After losing a child to the current of the Rio Grande, a migrant family is trapped in a state of mourning that unleashes fiery mystical powers. A supernatural drama, The Fires of Soledad pays homage to the invaluable bond of family and the countless immigrants often lost along the US/Mexico border.
Written and directed by Daniel Carrera
- Downtown LA Film Festival 2019 winner for Best Foreign Language Short
- Oaxaca FilmFest 2019 official selection
- Seattle Latino Film Festival 2019 official selection
- San Francisco Latino Film Festival 2019 official selection
- Cine Magnifico Albuquerque Latino Film Festival 2019 official selection